There are several different roles and duties associated with the career of the police officer working in the criminal justice field. Individuals that elect to work in this profession are responsible for ensuring the protection of citizens that reside in their community on several different levels. They must ensure that the lives of those in their area are protected and must also ensure that the citizen’s possessions are also protected.
In addition to this, they have the responsibility of maintaining order in their community, and focus many hours of their career in working on preventing crimes that could occur. These professionals must possess the ability to be highly analytical, to engage in strenuous physical activity and must have a high level of integrity. Listed below are some of the most common roles and duties of the police officer working in the criminal justice field:
1. Law enforcement officers must be able to effectively enforce and promote the awareness of laws on a Federal, State, and local level under the direct supervision of their superior as well as the agency that they work for.
2. Police officers working in the criminal justice field must have the capability to effectively patrol the district that they are responsible for and ensure that the property contained within that district is safe and free from common crimes. 오피
3. When patrolling the district that they work in, police officers must have the capability to successfully apprehend individuals that commit activities that are considered to be unlawful as outlined by the Federal, State, and local laws surrounding their communities.
4. Police officers working in the criminal justice field are required to effectively reprimand, quickly detain, successfully cite and/or make arrests of individuals engaging in illegal activities.
5. Officers in the criminal justice field are required to conduct investigations on both a criminal and a civil level. This includes being able to gather and properly maintain any type of evidence in and/or around a crime scene, analyzing the evidence and making a determination on the exact details of the incident or accident that has occurred.
6. These professionals are required to successfully create reports that include distinct details about incidents and accidents that have occurred within their district. In addition to this, they must be willing to stand by their reports in the court of law.
7. Police officers are required to be well trained on the weapons that they carry while on duty. Examples of these weapons include those that use chemicals to subdue individuals, those that use impact force as a means of subduing a person, and control holds. In addition to this, they must be able to successfully administer physical commands. Furthermore, it is important that the officer is able to properly assess whether or not deadly force may be required in situations that they may be subjected to.